Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ikkagetsu

The one month mark, since my arrival in Japan, has come and gone.
I still can`t say I`m settled in, but I`m finally starting to figure out my way around this crazy town.
I`ve started stopping by the Okazaki international center on Sundays, for their free language lessons. It`s a good opportunity for me to practice speaking (in a forgiving environment), ask lots of questions and meet people! Today, I met a guy from Isreal who`s here for a month studying Japanese.

Tomorrow, I`m off to visit a friend in Nagoya - then two weeks later a friend is coming to visit me in Okazaki - and the week after, I`m heading back to Tokyo where I`ll be linking up with, amazingly enough, my cousin who just happens to be in town that same weekend on business!

So...really, I`m busy and happy and TIRED. I never knew how hard it could be to teach children. It makes me want to go back to all my teachers and apologize...

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

an israeli????????????
oh my gosh

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are going to get together in Tokyo! Though you didn't say who it was, there is only one cousin of your I know of that is going to Tokyo right now!
Enjoy!

Continue to have fun! I did try to send a post card from Canada. They actually send pre-paid postage cards now. Pretty nice idea at an airport. Now I hope they actually mailed the silly thing as there wasn't a post office drop in the terminal. Rather short sighted in an international only terminal. Ah well

Take care... Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

As a teacher I appreciate your recognition of how hard it can be to connect with students but I think you will also see the great rewards in it! And yes, your teachers would totally appreciate hearing thanks for all they do !!! I am glad you are settling in and having "adventures" as well. What was that about monkeys?
Take care--
Caryn