Sunday, October 11, 2009

tadaima!

Just a quick check-in to let everyone know that I arrived safely.

And no, I didn't cry when I arrived. :) There was no big splash of emotion...rather, as soon as I walked through customs, it felt like I'd never left. I'm even using the same cell phone I had when I was here in 06...so when I turned it on in the airport, it beeped with unchecked messages from several years ago. Weird.

Today, just a bit of exploring and getting settled. The friends I'm staying with live in the classy part of town (seriously, lots of Jaguars and Benz parked in this area). I kind of miss my little blue collar Aichi prefecture. I feel like I'm going to dent someone's million dollar home with my giant foreigner feet.

Here's my darling little room


and the view from my window



My computer is still on Chicago time. It's 1:39 am. Sleep well Chicago.

3 comments:

Velvet said...

Hi Arden, How cool that everything came together for you to go back to Japan for a few months. Your mom sent me the link to your blog, which is very impressive. I'm so technologically challenged that I barely figured out how to leave on comment on it! I hope you have a wonderful experience while there. Stay safe and well. Kind regards, Velvet

Don't Think, Boy said...

That is a very nice view of fancy-pants Yokohama. I'm practically hurting from smiles at the thought of all the things you must be seeing and doing right now.

Anonymous said...

Make sure this is as offensive as possible, as you'll never be using it again. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Alexa Bags[/url] Through these exchanges, by trying to inspire others, it's not uncommon to learn something about yourself, or at least to remember something you don't think about everyday. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose[/url] Vvwhdjupa
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets sale[/url] Jrqnfvobr [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose canada[/url] reaqoizet